A while back I posted The secrets to a great Webinar, in which I covered some of the things you can do to prepare for your webinar to make it more successful. Today I’m going to show you a couple of built in GoToWebinar features and how to get the most out of them.
Auto redirect Registrants to a URL of your choice.
The process of scheduling a GoToWebinar is pretty straight forward, so I’m going to skip right through to the last option. This feature allows you to automatically redirect someone that registers for your webinar, to another URL. The most obvious use of this feature is to direct the registrant to your product page or blog etc, whatever it is you plan to promote. Some less obvious uses (but potentially more beneficial), are;
- Automatically redirect registrants to a web page containing any special instructions, information they should be aware of prior to the webinar.
- Redirect to your YouTube page (or similar), containing a video greeting letting them know you appreciate their interest and giving a quick highlight of what the stand to gain from actually attending.
- Redirect to a page containing or linking to any relevant pre-reading/watching, relevant information that will help them understand your webianr content better.
- If you know you are going to have an international audience, provide a page with instructions in multiple languages.
Ultimately you’re only limited by your imagination.
Once you have scheduled your GoToWebinar you have the ability to edit and make changes as well as personalize the Emails registrants will receive.
- In the drop down box opposite Change Session Settings: select Email Notifications
On this page you have the option to Personalize the Confirmation, Reminder, Follow Up and even the Email sent to Registrants that failed to attend. This gives you 4 more opportunities to reinforce your message and provide information to your audience.
Of course as the old saying goes “Less is more”, so don’t go overboard as the result may be the opposite of what you desired.