In this How To guide I will explain how you can use the Integrated Audio feature of GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar and GoToTraining, to transmit the audio from your computer to your Attendees. These methods can also be used in conjunction with this guide to playing back video embedded in a PowerPoint or stand alone.
The first method is the Software Option:
• Please note that when you use this method you will not be able to use your microphone, you will need to join the conference call via a land line.
1. Double click on the volume icon in the system tray
2. Go to Options –> Properties
3. Under “Adjust Volume For” choose “Recording”
4. Make sure “Stereo Mix” is checked
5. Press OK
6. On the new screen, place the checkbox for “Select” under “Stereo Mix”
You are now ready to play back your audio.
The second method is the Hardware Option:
• With this method you can use your microphone and play audio at the same.
Parts needed: Two (2) 3.5mm audio splitters (one male, two female)
One (1) 3.5mm audio patch cable (two male ends, typically 3” long)
1. Plug one splitter into your LINE OUT port (for speakers, typically colored green)
2. Plug the other splitter into your MICROPHONE port (typically pink)
3. Plug the patch cable into the splitter on LINE OUT and then into the splitter on MICROPHONE.
4. Plug your MICROPHONE into the microphone splitter, and then plug your SPEAKERS into the line out splitter.
Being a believer and occasional victim of Murphy’s law, I strongly recommend that you hold a practice session before you attempt this with a live audience.