You’ve scheduled a GoToWebinar where you plan to demonstrate some new product or features that you plan to release in the future. After posting the registration link for your webinar you realize that someone other than your desired audience has registered (for example someone from a competing company), and you do not want them seeing your demonstration.
So how do you stop them attending when they have already registered?
Log into your GoToWebinar account and edit the registration for your scheduled webinar. Change the registration method to Manual/Upon Approval, after that you can go to your list of registrants and only approve the ones you want and even select to deny the unwanted registrant.
Like many of you, if I buy something I want to use it the way I want and not just how I’m told. This plays a big part in my shopping decisions (especially when it comes to technology purchases), and leads to a lot of time spent researching before I buy. It’s also my inspiration for this post.
If you already use GoToMeeting you will be familiar with it’s features; like built in phone conferencing, the ability to share control of the keyboard and mouse for collaboration, drawing etc. With the addition of HDFaces you now also have the ability to share up to 6 web cams at a time during your meeting and actually see who is talking.
What you might not know, is that you don’t have to share your screen via GoToMeeting to use HDFaces and the conferencing! Just start you meeting, join the conference call and share your webcam. Add on the ability to control the size, shape and location of the HDFaces window and you’re left with plenty of desktop real estate for another application.
If you find that your meetings have a habit of being side tracked and lose focus, you might want to consider combining HDFaces with something like LessMeeting or Minutes.io
Or perhaps you need to take the collaborative drawing a little further with an online whiteboard solution like Dabbleboard, Twiddla or Conceptboard.
Ultimately you can mix and match your HDFaces video conferencing with anything you like!
If you’re a GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining customer you should have received an Email letting you know about a mandatory update that is being deployed to all customers. The reason for making the update mandatory is to ensure a consistent experience for all users and to allow for some exciting improvements that are in the pipeline.
Once your account is set to receive the update the process itself is painless and automatic, the new software will download and install when you Host or Attend your next meeting, webinar or training.
What You Should Know about the Upgraded Version
- Mac users will now have dual monitor support.
- If you are using our integrated audio service (phone or VoIP), the call will now end immediately when the organizer ends the meeting, webinar or training. Participants will be disconnected with a message that the organizer has ended the call. This will help those using Integrated Toll-Free audio to have better control over their audio costs.
- The upgrade will not affect any of your scheduled online meetings, webinars or trainings. Your meeting IDs, access codes and URLs will remain the same.
- Attendees on an iPad® will be required to download a new version of the GoToMeeting App for iPad in the App Store, to attend your meetings after May 3, 2011.
- Some users with software firewalls will need to give permission to the GoToMeeting program to operate. For more information, visit: http://www.citrixonline.com/s/firewalls
If you still have questions here are the FAQs