If you are having trouble with this method, it may be due to GoToMeeting v5.4 Please see this recent post for the solution:
In a previous post I explained how to convert your GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar or GoToTraining recording into another format using Windows Media Encoder, in this post we will look at Microsoft’s Expression Encoder 4 which also allows you to edit your recording.
The first step is to download and install Expression Encoder 4, then import your recording and make any edits you need before finally encoding.
To make edits move the colored playhead to the desired start point, right click the playhead and select Add Edit, move the playhead to the desired endpoint and do the same. Then to delete the unwanted part of the recording right click between the edit points and select Remove Clip, it’s that easy! Once you have finished editing your recording you can move on to step 2 below.
Re-encode your recording and remove the GoToMeeting codec:
- From the File menu, select Import and navigate to your recording.
- Locate the Encode tab on the right-side of your screen and expand the Video and Audio panes.
- Configure the settings as needed but we recommend setting Video Aspect Ratio to Source.
- Select the Output tab and choose a location for the saved file.
- Choose Encode from the File menu.
Processing time will depend on length of recording, output settings and your system hardware.
The free version of Expression Encoder allows you to encode the recording in the WMV format, removing the GoToMeeting codec. If you wish to encode your recording to another format like MP4 you can upgrade to the full version for around $50.00, or use another free tool like Any Video Converter or FreeMake